As I was coming up with a title for this post, I wanted to abbreviate “Day 1: Back to School 17-Day Challenge” into something like “Day 1: BTS Challenge”…and then realized that wasn’t such a good idea. So I said to myself, “Why not get rid of the “T” since it’s just the abbreviation for the preposition “to”? That was before I saw that the title “BS Challenge” was kind of awkward too. As you can see, I ended up eliminating the entire “Back to School” dealio cause it was making life a little too complicated.
DAY 1: July 30
1. Limit e-mail and blogging time to 1.5 hours/day – max. Ermmm it didn’t happen. I let myself get sucked into one of those blog giveaways where they give you a list of 20 blogs and make you follow all of their profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Bloglovin’, Twitter, etc. After you’ve finished clicking “Like” for the hundredth time, you’re given a slight chance at winning a gift card to their favorite boutique or a tote bag from one of their sponsors. Yeah. I totally wasted two hours yesterday being stupid.
2. Blog every day. Hi Hi Hi!
3. Finish reading Worship: Rediscovering the Missing Jewel. Fail. Unless admiring the heart-shaped ruby on the book cover counts as reading?
4. Make dinner for the family every night. Also fail.
5. Do something new every day. Litzpitz and I wanted to do a time capsule activity like this, but ended up falling asleep before answering any of the questions. We’ll complete it today. Fo sho.
6. Run every day. Distance: 1.05 miles. Duration: 9:21 min. Average pace: 8:55 min/mile.
7. Stay out of my room between the hours of 9am -9pm. I was a good girl for this one!
8. Take pictures of every single thing I eat and post it here. My phone pictures won’t upload. nyuck nyuck nyuck.
9. Do the family dishes every day. Check.
10. Work on my scrapbook and finish it by August 17th. …aiyah I forgot about this.
11. Practice piano for 2 hours each day. I practiced 1 hour, which means that I have to make up for yesterday by practicing an extra hour today.
12. Hang out with God every day for 1 hour. So yesterday, I opened my Bible and then all of a sudden I saw lights and angels and heard a voice telling me to like a bunch of Facebook pages and follow a few dozen people’s Twitter accounts so that my name might be selected after some rando [that was for you, Anna!] host of the giveaway casts the lot…
But that’s what I did instead of #12.
13. Clean a different area of the house each day. I cleaned the kitchen!
14. Memorize the Sermon on the Mount [Matt. 5-7]. First 13 verses down, baby!
I shall be a good little happy boy today and do much better than yesterday. Pinky promise ❤